Job Posting Detail
Lead Web Architect
Lead Web Architect
Posted: August 11, 2017 in Information Technology
Salary Range: open
Contact Chris Planeta, Information Technology Recruiter
Criterion Executive Search
Salaried position with full corporate benefits and relocation package for out-of-area candidates
Please note: Candidates MUST be authorized to work in the US without restrictions. We are unable to sponsor Visas or work with 3rd parties at this time.
The ideal candidate is more focused in web front-end architecture, not on middleware or integration technologies, as this Lead Architect will be laser-focused on the assets related to the Web and Ecommerce ecosystem of applications and systems.
- A member of the E-Business team and maintains the architecture (and related artifacts) for a global portfolio of customer-facing web sites across multiple brands and geographic regions.
- Leading collaboration with Business and IT Stakeholders throughout the organization in order to design solution architectures that deliver the required business capabilities aligned with company business and technology strategies.
- Translates business capabilities/requirements into specific business, application, information, and technology architectures to deliver business value.
- Provide strategic, technical and operational expertise and leadership in support of business and technology transformational activities.
- Contribute to technology strategy and planning; lead research on emerging technologies in support of systems development efforts; recommend introduction of technologies, new features, or other non-functional requirements for implementation that will increase cost effectiveness and systems flexibility.
- Develop and foster relationships with the divisional and business unit subject matter experts.
- Confer with stakeholders to define business requirements for complex systems development from both functional and non-functional perspectives (i.e. concept of operations, performance, test, cost, schedule, training, support and disposal).
- Communicate the Solution Architectures to senior management, business, and development teams through deliverables, presentations, training and other appropriate means and forums.
- Coach, mentor and support system development teams in implementing reference architectures and standards.
- Steer Program use of Integration, partnering with SOA CoE/Integration Competency Center to strategically suggest Services and Integrations to realize reliable business value.
- Steer Program use of Application Security, partnering with Application Security team to identify and support Delivery Teams' realization of requirements in the security space.
- Provide technical oversight for multiple project initiatives.
- Lead technology life-cycle projects including technology evaluation, selection, implementation, support and retirement/replacement.
- Evaluate alternative architectures with respect to their feasibility as well as composition (people, hardware, software, facilities, policies, documents, risks and cost), and make recommendations.
- Develop prototypes of system designs, working with Delivery Teams, to prove viability where necessary.
- Bachelor Degree required, Master Degree preferred.
- 12+ years in IT
- 8+ years designing, developing, implementing middle-tier and distributed systems.
- 6+ years in enterprise and/or solutions architecture and architectural frameworks.
- 4+ years across at least two of the following disciplines (Requirements Engineering; Risk Management; Technology Planning, Design, and Development; Systems Integration; or Quality Assurance Engineering).
- Certification or experience with enterprise architecture methodologies and frameworks, such as TOGAF, Zachman, or FEAF
- Professional training and/or certifications related to Ecommerce and/or Web Content Management tools and technologies
- Designing and developing solutions utilizing web content management systems such as Adobe Experience Manager, Coremedia or similar.
- Designing and developing solutions integrating with IBM WebSphere Commerce
- Virtualization, cloud computing, or container technologies.
- Vendor software integration and interaction patterns.
- COTS evaluation principles and practices.