Job Posting Detail
Bank IT Business Analyst
Bank IT Business Analyst
Posted: August 10, 2017 in Information Technology
Salary Range: open
Contact Chris Planeta, Information Technology Recruiter
Criterion Executive Search
Full-time, long-term consulting opportunity.
Our multi-billion dollar per year financial services/bank client is hiring an IT Business Analyst whos experience has been laser-focused in the Residential Mortgage Loan Business.
Please note: Candidates MUST be authorized to work in the US without restrictions. We are unable to sponsor at this time.
- Act as a liaison between IT and Residential Mortgage Banking Business and Operations units
- Work with the business stakeholders to analyze business requirements
- Conduct requirement gathering sessions
- Review mortgage loan servicing interfaces and data uploads
- Develop understanding of data to support suite of residential mortgage reporting needs
- Define SQL queries to retrieve data from Oracle database for reporting
- Translate technical concepts to business audience and business information to a technical audience
- Articulate residential mortgage industry standards and practices to a broad audience
- Create detailed business requirements for functional (e.g., business processes, rules) and non-functional (e.g., data, security) capabilities.
- Gather and interpret information from multiple sources (including databases, interviews, etc.) and makes recommendations
- Analyze impact of proposed solution across the business and develop use cases to demonstrate the business requirements to the IT Team Serves as SME for process improvements, product implementation, and regulatory requirements
- Provide support for application development teams including documenting business processes, workflows, system diagrams etc.
- Participate in developing estimates and implementation plans for technical solutions
- Assist with planning of delivery timelines, inclusive of testing cycles and resource availability
- Partner with team members to develop project schedules, reports and documentation.
- May be required to act as project lead on small to medium projects and/or provide direction to others on the team
- Validate test cases to ensure that scripts will evaluate the business function being performed
- Works with User Experience / Design resources to help visualize requirements into prototype
- Understand and apply principles in risk management, issue tracking, SDLC and change management
- Bachelors degree in Business, Finance or a related degree
- 5+ years of relevant experience as an IT Business Analyst in Residential Mortgage business
- Banking systems knowledge
- Knowledge of the principles of residential mortgage lending and servicing including conventional and HELOC loans, operational and management reporting needs and residential loan accounting
- Writing SQL queries
- Knowledge of Microsoft and/or Oracle databases
- Strong knowledge of risk management, issue tracking, change management and requirements gathering
- Knowledge of mortgage loan servicing procedures
- Experience with test strategy and planning
- Business rules engine experience
- Ability to conduct data mapping exercise from various data sources
- Data modeling and Design
- TDD (Test Driven Development)
- Report writing and dashboard creation (preferably Cognos)